Tuesday, September 25, 2007

To India & back.

Today I took my off in lieu of CCSS Awareness day! Gosh... really welcomed the break. Monday evening I could "see" myself smiling all the way home, knowing today I can sleep in & do what I want to do apart from work.

I love my work. But I also need a break. So! In need of on-my-own time & adventure. SarahJane decided to be a little unlike-sarahjane by taking the NEL to Little India. Walked out Buffalo Rd & Gosh the smell. Before you jump to conclusions, it was the invigorating smells of a gazillion spices.

What made me go to Little India in the first place? Honestly? I say this without regret. Threading. Ok, guys reading, bear with the girl talk for a minute.

Friends have been telling me about threading since I learnt magazine model's eyebrows weren't perfect but perfectly tweezed. So yesterday night I googled threading in Singapore & a whole new world unraveled. A world of 5mins cheap painless eyebrow shaping haha. Since I had the time, I thought I'd go see-see myself!

And so she went.

It was quite cool! The threading ladies did it in style & really quick. Great service, great business environment, great price with great results - I had to give it a go. So in 5mins, for $7 (initially it was $5 but with the Gst increase it rose) I threaded my brows for a (I quote Ms Mushroom Lim) "cultured" arch. Not that I had much brow to begin with but we shall not go there ah... NEXT!

Walked a bit ard the nooks & corners of Little India & loved it! The colourful sights, sounds, smells... makes me wanna take up photography as a hobby & act like a tourist! Will definitely remember to bring my camera when I decide to venture there on foot again.

Headed to Vivo City after that episode. Spent 3hours of the afternoon strolling through shop after shop, soaking in the sentosa view (was quite tempted to hop onto the train there but in jeans?? Nah...) Bought a few things, just because I'm in a big spacious shopping centre. And I highlight, bold, caps, italicize SHOPPING centre.

It was an eventful day. Would definitely do it again. Maybe this time I'll cross over to Sentosa! Yay!

P.S. HEROES IS BACK!!!!

No comments: