Decided to blog again. Yes, it's been a while, I know. I've been catching up on readings and restoring my relationship with God.
Not many of you may know/realize this but I'm actually a really insecure lonely person. To an extent that having some form of control helps me cope. As much as I enjoy walks alone listening to music, soaking in the environment around me, there's still loneliness & dangerous surreality. On such occasions, I arrange for meet ups with friends to counter this loneliness I feel. If no one's available, which is very common now, my cousin is there for me. I'm insecure and alone. There, I said it.
Thing is this fact only sank in a few weeks ago. Sometime in mid-September or earlier. Think it's really His conviction upon my life. On one down-in-the-dumps day, I thought I heard Him saying, 'My dear, I want to captivate you.' Within the week I found my old book, one of the many I've failed to complete haa. And it's called 'Captivating'! By now I'm done with that book, and beginning to read 'Boundaries'. Something I bought but left on the shelf since 2 years back I think. So yea.. I'm convicted of a lot of things in my life.
It was scary. Like God was shining a search light in my heart and revealing all the holes and darkness. Slow and steady is the climb to finding God's promises for my life again and the excitement is building! I don't see tangible results yet, but I love who I am in Christ right now (more than ever before) and I thank God for that assurance! Lonely no more, insecurity disappearing.
It was scary. Like God was shining a search light in my heart and revealing all the holes and darkness. Slow and steady is the climb to finding God's promises for my life again and the excitement is building! I don't see tangible results yet, but I love who I am in Christ right now (more than ever before) and I thank God for that assurance! Lonely no more, insecurity disappearing.
God, you've opened my blinded eyes and restored my broken heart. You've set me free :) You're more than amazing!
Click on my title link for More Than Amazing by Lincoln Brewster :)
No comments:
Post a Comment