Anyway what's there to update? I'm tired. Have been like dosing off everywhere possible to dose off. Basically due to the extensive weekend programme last week. Friday, drove all the wa to Marsiling MRT to pick Qing. Almost thought I was going to be lost at the Causeway to JB.
Saturday, the children were sponsored a Car Treasure Hunt (seemed more like an excursion to the farms@Choa Chu Kang/Lim Chu Kang in a whole chain of cars). Visited the Fish farm, Goat farm, Vege farm... Wetlands... ya.
Thank God for great weather (cool & breezy) & for the joy & safety. The children were thoroughly pampered, literally showered with sweets & snacks & presents! The P6's were on their own in individual cars while the younger ones went in pairs & us staff tagged along with them. I was assigned to Ryan (P4). He's actually one of the naughtiest boys in PTCarehut. Constantly being picked on because of his weird behaviour & bad social manners. I mean he's just asking for it. What tops the cake is that he totally enjoys the 'attention' the other kids give him. So ya. It meant unco-operativeness, bottomline? A test of patience.
Remembered an incident where he made me really fuming. Literally had to isolate myself in the office chanting, "God, give me grace... give me grace..." think he was too noisy, picked his nose in front of the kids & started flicking you-know-what at them. Then, the kids being irritated, ganged up against him (8-1), cornered him & taped his mouth with masking tape. He was so angry he cried for like 10 secs, paused, laughed the loudest laughter I've ever heard & he didn't stop laughing till much later.
Anyway, think it was a blessing being placed with him for a full day. Learned a lot of his 'other side' - the better side. Though there's still a lot of bad habits to try changing. Ha...
After the outing, had to rush down to St Paul's for worship pract. They had Youth Sunday & needed a keyboardist for both service sessions on Sunday. I was exhausted. Got home & just stoned on the couch.
Anyway, one of the worship leaders pricked my conscience after service. He wanted to check my commitment to worship there & sure enough the conversation went into whether serving 2 churches was a good thing. His opinion? Not. It's been on my mind since I started but been consciously brushed aside till now. Where does my allegiance lie? I would say TCC. But there's still the feeling of a need to be @ StPaul's.
Need vs Want, Want vs Need?
Lord, give me discernment & direction. Where You want me to be, I'll go.
No comments:
Post a Comment