Alas! I'm back from Church camp, Graduation, Celebrating my 23rd Birthday, Carrying on with work & Awaiting part-time studies@NUS!
Church camp
One word. Awesome! I really want to thank God for the best of everything through the time in Thailand - from Bangkok to Chaam. He gave me my best friend & traveling buddy/roomie! He gave us the best & most memorable experiences on the streets of Bangkok & adventures in Chaam/HuaHin. The best train ride adventure (and many more to come! *wink*). Blessed with wonderful Cellies, good breakfast food & hotel room! We were blessed with wonderful a Trinitarian family to fellowship with & just have fun! We were so blessed by Ps David Doery & Ps Ong Sek Liang. Blessed with meeting & making new friendships. Blessed with arising early to catch Thailand's beautiful sunrise & swim in warm waters!
Would I do it again? Gosh. In a heartbeat!
Graduation
My mum's finally graduated from bible school! *applause applause* Am so proud of her. She managed to persevere through 2 years of study! Think this was the first graduation I attended that gave out Batons as graduation diploma's during the ceremony. They were driving home the point of carrying on the good work even after leaving Rhema. Of course my mum received her formal grad cert after.
Turning 23
Thank you to all who blessed me with their love! Your smses, emails, celebrations, facebook wall notes, cards always brings warmth to my heart. Made a few grounding wishes for everyone & myself. For everyone, I wish that you may a new joy & love in all you do. May each day but full of purpose & fulfillment that God has placed on your heart! A personal wish this year is to stand for change. There are a couple of things I've let slip by the wayside & forgot to shine light in those areas of darkness so this year is going to be different. There will be change, in my life, my perspective, my values.
Work
I thank God for my colleagues who are so understanding & such committed & wonderful people. Work isn't just work with them & the kids around. Oh ya... did my first training last Sat. Was quite an experience! Thank God it went quite smoothly haha! This Sat we're bringing the d'Klub kids to the zoo! Some Trinitarians from the same cell decided to 'Care & Connect' with our d'Klub kids! Pray for great weather & am sure the children will have a great time!
Oh yea... there's a group of Hwa Chong boys who have been volunteering with us the past holiday. One of them is like a Rubics Cube pro! He taught me how to solve the cube! Yays! Haha. Ok not that I was slacking during work ok... it was during the kids, nap time... :P
Tmr the Carehut kids are going on a whole new level of outing... well, at least for Stamford carehut. We're going to take the bus! As in the public bus to the outing venues. Can't imagine marching 30 kids down the road to the bus stop & seeing each one up & down the bus haha! Anyway... God be with us!
Awaiting Part-time Study@NUS
Yup. I've been accepted into NUS to do a part-time Grad Dip in Social Work! Feeling a little uncertain but in general I'm really thankful! Praying for God's favour in areas of finance & academics. Heard from an intern @ CCSS that it's really theoretical (which is normally not my cup of tea, I'm more of a Kinesthetic learner rather than Analytical). Oh wells. It's in your hands, Lord.
Have a blessed week!
No comments:
Post a Comment