Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rough, Tough & Tumble

Do I sound like a washing machine? Haha... ok what a way to start off after not blogging for more than a month right?

I have to confess that life isn't always good news. It's coming to a month and I'm still in my predicament. Weather forecast for today? Partly cloudy with showers over minor areas.

It's really the eye of the storm and I'm apparently floating through it. Oh well, at least there's more stability & quietness in the home.

Anyway! Good news bears come! For all who haven't heard, I'll be starting my part-time studies in social work at NUS coming August! Yes, it's exciting and yes, especially when I've collected my student card! The first use for it came when Qing, my mum & I went to watch The Dark Knight. Student price babe! Gosh it's been a while... haha!

Before actual term begins, I've got to prepare for the DET - Diagnostic English Test. Two and a half hours to prove that my English is decent. 1st Aug. Please pray for me.

My colleague asked me if I ever imagined owning a NUS student card. The question reminded me of how far & how much God has brought me through. My answer was no. When I started out in JC, I dreamed of going to NUS. Which was funny because I never really do well academically so I kind of knew the local university wasn't for me but what a turn of events. I thank God for another new day. A new phase. A new moment to remember. Praise God for the new!

No comments: