Thursday, June 18, 2009

24

I didn't think turning 24 was a big deal. In tradition, a simple birthday dinner with family and that's it. But today, tonight was special!

For one it was all the encouraging messages via sms, msn and FB and phone call by Yilan all the way from US!! Really a pleasant surprise! :)

Next was the fact that my parents went all out to prepare a wonderful meal and bought a really cute cheese cake which tasted de-lish!! All the people I love & care most, sat round the table and ate to our hearts content!

Then came the night surprise. It touched my heart to know that this wonderful group of people who have a passion for d'Klub and the kids ... these d'Klub old timers who have volunteered since before I joined CCSS and just gotten to really know them, have put up with my learning curve, orientated & guided me, and made d'Klub really fun and fulfilling, bothered to take time to plan a surprise and pull it off flawlessly, waiting at my lift lobby with flowers and cake. I'm truly truly blessed. Thanks guys for being such wonderful volunteers and most importantly, great friends!


"4 I always thank God for you. I thank him because of the grace he has given to you who belong to Christ Jesus. 5 You have been blessed in every way because of him. "
- 1 Corinthians 1: 4-5

No comments: