I'm thankful for this year. Uncertain about the next. Shifting & changes has taken place on the work front. Am I too blind-sided to have been left behind?
Still, I'm thankful. God is love. I've experienced it, one way or another, in the big and in the small things. Had a small closing session with my upper primary students the day before we closed for Christmas eve. Funny that people link 'serious' sharing with something bad. They all thought I was leaving but anyways. My teaching year came to a close that day with the encouragement they've shared about 2009 & what they look forward to in 2010. I was sincerely moved.
God has my work direction planned.
Age has hit. The phase has come. Inevitably, I've received another wave of wedding invites, this time, by friends my own age. Girl meets boy. They fall in love. Boy proposes. Girl announces subtly to friends. They set a date in the near future. I get their wedding invite.
I say all this on neutral grounds. I'm truly happy for my dear friends in their wedding preps. But at the same time, I can't help but wonder, 'When will this happen for me?'
Is this my quarter life crisis waiting to happen?
God has my life plans planned.
Jesus, I'm yours and You're mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment