So. I hurt my left foot. I figured it was part playing soccer on concrete barefoot and tripping over some loose tile while walking to MP d'Klub. On Saturday it felt like a bone or ligament was out of place and gradually, it became stiff. My parents claim that it looked slightly swollen but I honestly didn't buy in. Basically because I was able to walk around Orchard on Monday with GX and not feel pain. Ok on the account that I was limping a little to keep the weight off the foot. It wasn't pain but it felt stiff and weird. So after work, my dad offered me a ride to the western doc and here's what he said.
"Hello Sarah!"
"Hi Doctor!"
"How are you feeling?"
"Oh I'm totally fine, just that the foot's stiff"
"Yes, I can see that you're limping"
"Ya... well it's not pain but everytime I put weight on the foot it feels strange... like something's out of place."
"Ok let's have a look then"
"Btw, I was going to see a Sinseh tomorrow..."
"Don't!! You shouldn't see a Sinseh. If there's a slight fracture, seeing the Sinseh will make matters a whole lot worse!"
"Err... so you think there's a fracture?"
"At this point you're not feeling pain but I'll prepare a form for imaging to be done in case."
He then proceeded to draw the bone structure of the foot. It was quite fascinating considering I was getting a BIO lesson from a doctor during consultation. Haha anyways, he pointed out that the mid-section (where it felt stiff & uncomfortable) had the most bones and concluded that if I wasn't better by Thurs, I should go for an Xray in case there's a slight fracture.
The whole time, he didn't feel my foot. So I'm a tad suspicious that he might have been wrong but anyway. Muscle relaxants and anti-swelling pills were prescribed & I got an MC for today. Which left me feeling redundant that I could actually do work just not walk too fast but anyway...
I spent today doing lesson plans for d'Klub. Which was a good way to spend my time I would think haha! Very little moving around and if I did, I did it really slowly. In the evening, my dad figured he could activate me to pack some stuff for them to bring over. So I was left with the menial task of wrapping breakables. Sit, wrap, sit, wrap. We've gotta move out in 10days. 10 days!! Time sure flies.
"Hello Sarah!"
"Hi Doctor!"
"How are you feeling?"
"Oh I'm totally fine, just that the foot's stiff"
"Yes, I can see that you're limping"
"Ya... well it's not pain but everytime I put weight on the foot it feels strange... like something's out of place."
"Ok let's have a look then"
"Btw, I was going to see a Sinseh tomorrow..."
"Don't!! You shouldn't see a Sinseh. If there's a slight fracture, seeing the Sinseh will make matters a whole lot worse!"
"Err... so you think there's a fracture?"
"At this point you're not feeling pain but I'll prepare a form for imaging to be done in case."
He then proceeded to draw the bone structure of the foot. It was quite fascinating considering I was getting a BIO lesson from a doctor during consultation. Haha anyways, he pointed out that the mid-section (where it felt stiff & uncomfortable) had the most bones and concluded that if I wasn't better by Thurs, I should go for an Xray in case there's a slight fracture.
The whole time, he didn't feel my foot. So I'm a tad suspicious that he might have been wrong but anyway. Muscle relaxants and anti-swelling pills were prescribed & I got an MC for today. Which left me feeling redundant that I could actually do work just not walk too fast but anyway...
I spent today doing lesson plans for d'Klub. Which was a good way to spend my time I would think haha! Very little moving around and if I did, I did it really slowly. In the evening, my dad figured he could activate me to pack some stuff for them to bring over. So I was left with the menial task of wrapping breakables. Sit, wrap, sit, wrap. We've gotta move out in 10days. 10 days!! Time sure flies.
No comments:
Post a Comment