... Night after night. Gosh I'm tired. Physically, mentally tired. Sorry to start off the post with such down announcements haha! but really, I am.
Something that lifted my spirits though, happened just yesterday. Think no matter how physically tiring my work is, it's the little things that God reveals when you least expect it that really picks you up again.
I go to PeiTong every Tues arvo to assist with the Aspire club children there. Each school's Aspire club children have their very unique personalities and PeiTong, from what I've experienced by far, is the most challenging, personally. So after another challenging session, we were all packing up and getting ready for de-brief. We had moved the session from the normal classroom to the AVA room for P6 beside the dance studio which had a piano!
So this boy, super hyper 'thinks he's always right' naughty, was busy banging on the piano when I came in. He wanted to show off a bit so he started playing a proper tune. Turned out he's learning the Electone (which is like 2 keyboards, layered in one like an organ). Think the breakthrough came with the idea of teaching him a new song, so I did. And gosh, is he a fast learner. Just 2 times of playing it for him and him trying it out, he soon mastered the tune! Near perfect timing, near perfect notes.
To cut the long story short, praise God for helping me find an avenue to engage him and motivate him to shine in the gifts he's blessed with! He really changed my perception of him in that split moment. I began to see that he truly flourished on deserved attention, praises and encouragement. We followed him home for home visits and he continued to play the tune at home on his electone! Instantly, my heart melted. It was so encouraging after the long hard weeks before. God's touched me once again.
Lord, I pray for your child, that he'll continue to be encouraged and motivated to practice the songs he loves and wants to perform for us. Lord remind him and touch his conscience of what is right and wrong. Give him the boldness to stand up for what is right and even more, the ownership to admit to his mistakes for what he's done wrong. He needs to learn patience, academic discipline and love Lord.
Thank you Lord for opening our eyes to see his gifting and thank you for his receptiveness to our coaching and befriending. Continue to work in his heart so that he'll be more open to us as we reach out to him. Thank you for the work You're doing, even now, in his heart. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment