Friday, May 11, 2007

Hard times

The past week's been hmm. Hard. Not many will know but my temp-job with Touch has been abruptly terminated to Freelance status.

The aftershock saw me full of disappointment & confusion. It was a blow to my heart & unexpectingly, my ego. I cried a whole lot. Past Fri, Sat & Sun. Falling sick made it more difficult. Know I should have posted earlier but ya. I just didn't have the heart to.

Spent the night whispering to God. How can this be? Wasn't this The job You sent?

Well, after about a week gone by, I'm alright. God has quite interesting ways of dealing with my heart. Ultimately, I'm thankful for the experience & training. A lot of people tell me it's for the better. I'm looking forward to it.

Recently applied to Care Community SS for the same position. Praying it'll be an open door for quite a while haha! Having been to the 'bottom of sea', my heart desires the ocean. An ocean of children in need for God's love & care. His comfort & help in times of need.

A line from 'Hosanna' keeps ringing in my head:

Break my heart for what breaks Yours, Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause

Pray with me, will you, for open doors to a full time position in this ministry. Through the rough & tumble of the week, God has taught me much. He's shown me His heart even more & humbled mine. Thank you Lord.

Was reading Jeremiah 29:11 & as I read on through the rest of the verses, I realized (or was reminded rather) that He knew. He knew the outcome, He held my future & my subtle neglect to go back to my Father's heart. I thought I knew where I was going. I could 'see' my future but I think that was my Achilles' heel. That shouldn't be my focus. He holds my tomorrows, so my focus should be on Him & I neglected that.

I feel so vulnerable & uncertain now. Thank God for humbling me.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

How amazing God's word is! It was a promise & comfort to the exiles back in the day, now, it still holds true. Amen!

1 comment:

an apple on a tree said...

you know, i still believe in you. i still believe that you're meant for the children in God's eyes, see how much you've seen breakthroughs already? let's wait for part 2.. =)