Really trying to get use to all the walking, waiting, riding, walking... Reckon if I don't take full advantage of my meal plan I'd grow to skin and bones with the over-exercise I'm getting haha! Oh did I mention my meal plan was a 10 meals per week @ approx. US$5.60 per meal and it's All-U-Can-Eat! Like the in-charge will just swipe your UNC One Card (similar to our student ID card but acts like a cash card as well for almost everything bought on campus) and you go in and be very Marche-ish only without having to present your card everytime you want to eat something.

So happen to meet a few other SG's @ the student store and decided to join them for dinner so yup! Had a good time of chatting and fellowshipping!
First day of class was hmm... normal? I reckon it's coz I think it's somewhat similar to the Aussie style of learning. Very open (though quite a small class like 10 + me), very interactive. Was quite interesting considering I'm the only Asian aka exchange student in the class and the rest where like mostly seniors (final yr students) and juniors (3rd yr students) with some job experience in the Advertising/Marketing field... Looks like I've gotta get with the program haha! But it'll be an excellent experience of cross-learning and I'm looking forward to it! Only had one class and that was Ad Media but decided to crash this higher Linguistics Phonetics class (just as a backup plan in case my graphic design doesn't fall through but praying it will...) and it was hmm... made a 'grand' entrance to class, firstly coz I was 5 mins late (and they start like super on time), second, I wasn't sure of the room number so walked right in then backtracked to see if I got the class room right (I know right!??!)
Plus I kept asking the girl beside me what the lecturer was saying coz he spoke soooooo softly... sidetracking to the classroom, it's your typical American classroom that you see on TV with the individual chair-tables lined in rows with a blackboard. Oh another sidetrack, speaking of blackboard, my roommate taught me yesterday morning about the system. It's like Web CT basically... I was like "Oh so it's like Web Ct ya?" "Erm... what's Web Ct?" Anyway!
Who would have known during the hot 1 hour in the linguistics class I'd be re-living sec 3 physics lessons. The guy was talking about sound waves people?! Resonance, frequency, period, wavelength?!? Sooo not for me. Could have left but decided to stay and listen in, in case it was a first day only physics lesson but ya... plenty physics calculations down the road - definite no no...
In b/w waiting for this 3:30 Ling class, had to go to see the Campus Health Service coz I had to take a TB skin test (they don't acknowledge any SG injections) and past 2 days from a tiny red dot it swelled to a big red patch. Was kinda worried coz during dinner with the SG gals one of them said it was definitely positive for TB (scared me to bits!!) but she said they'll just do like a free x-ray (as if free was an incentive.. but anyway) went and guess what... it was negative! Apparently they look for the bump and not the physical appearance of it PHEW!
Then, Ms Smarty Pants decided to try walking to the business school... just to try out my harrowing journey today (I've gotta go back and forth literally North to South and back to North for 3 classes) and get myself orientated to the place. It was hmm... tiring!!!! That was my 2.4, 4.6, 5.8, 6.10km right there la!! I thought it was alright coz on the map a straight line plot looked quite easy... who wld have guessed that I had like a million steps to climb down, up, down, up, down!!! It's like I had to go down this steep slope (ok before you say easy la!) then I had to walk across this huge carpark then climb up 3 storeys, and another 2 storeys before reaching the entrance of the business school (it's like located on a mega huge hill). By the time I was there I had to sit down and catch my breath... my time? 30mins. Time I have to get from class to class? 15mins. Crazay!!!

But alright, Steph and I figured out bus routes (though they come every 15mins which means if I end class 1 min late I'll miss the bus and therefore be 15mins late for my other class) and ya the brackets explain everything. Well at least I don't have to walk the whole way... Ok maybe slightly less walking... why can't the bus stop be right outside the business school!??!
So yup. Oh had dinner last night with my roommate, her hometown friend and her bro and a whole lot of singaporeans and steph at Franklin St Pizza and Pasta! It was alright though pricing could have been better... but dessert after was delish! Had yoghurt ice-cream (no yuqing, don't jump for joy...). It's like fattening yoghurt ice-cream haha! Like you have 2 toppings in b/w your yoghurt like ice-cream sundae kinda thing. I asked the punky teenager to choose and she did a fabulous job! Granola and white chocolate with Strawberry/Vanilla swirl =)


Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment