Sunday, August 06, 2006

Welcome note

Welcome All to my new blog! It's really much much simpler than the previous one but I figured classic's the way to go so voila! (ok bear with me till I have pictures to put up...) As the main heading "Traveling Light" suggests, this blog will mainly be a legible logbook of my travels as I journey the next chapter of 2006/Jan'07.

Something to note, to your right, 'At A Glance' gives quick background info of the country/state I'm currently at and will be updated as I travel (I promise!). Will try my bestest to blog frequently but in the event where Internet access is unavailable or in time constraints, your patience will be very much appreciated!

Finally, as you may have noticed, I don't have a tagboard. Basically 'cause I think the 'comments' function would do just fine so please feel free to use it as a shoutout!

Alright, now that necessities have been said and done, it's 1 day to my departure tml. How am I feeling? Honestly, quite jaded. A little panicky. Blame it on all the previous hassles of settling airtickets, accomodations, enrolments, packing or rather the lack of it, bills, payments, the list goes on... But not to worry, I reckon the euphoria will come once my feet steps on American soil.

Through it all, God's hand has been so evident. He has opened doors, introduced people, wash away fears and doubts. God is so good and He's been amazing to me! Finally decided to initiate an email to my roommate, Caroline Smith, few weeks back. Got a pleasant surprise when she said she just came back from her exchange program in guess where... NUS, Singapore!! for the summer. So yup, been exchanging emails with her and found out we have quite a lot in common!

Am really thankful that she's nice and friendly and helpful... expecting it to be great while we're rooming together! News like that somehow relieves the unconcious concern of getting through the unfamiliarity and awkward pauses in first mtgs and having to educate people that SG's not part of China. Haha! Unfamiliarity lessens with the fact that I'll see my churh's former Vicar's son! @ least I know there's someone who'll know a good church we can go to while I'm there. Praise God! =)

Lately has been a mad rush to stock up on the necessary things. Got my textbooks settled. Here's a look @ my schedule...

MONDAY
09:00AM-09:50AM = JOMC272(001) Ad Media

TUESDAY
09:30AM-10:45AM = COMM130(001) Intro to Media Production

11:00AM-12:15PM = BUSI561 Sales Management

12:30PM-01:45PM = JOMC670(001+002) Special Topics in Advertising

03:30PM-04:45PM = JOMC185 Graphics Design

WEDNESDAY
09:00AM-09:50AM = JOMC272(001) Ad Media

THURSDAY
09:30AM-10:45AM = COMM130(001) Intro to Media Production

11:00AM-12:15PM = BUSI561 Sales Management

12:30PM-01:45PM = JOMC670(001+002) Special Topics in Advertising

03:30PM-04:45PM = JOMC185 Graphics Design

FRIDAY
09:00AM-09:50AM = JOMC272(001) Ad Media

11:00AM-11:50AM = COMM130(403) Lab

Tues and Thurs are long days. Initially 4 units would have been fine but thx to Murdoch points accreditation, 5 units are required for me to graduate when I come back.

Concerning my accomodation for 4 mths, have a look @ the map below.



Room Info:
Building - Cobb
Room Number - 0211
Room Type - Double occupancy
Visitation - Open
Air Conditioned

Yup alright gotta get back to packing. So many things to do, so little time!! Oh and to all Singaporeans, Happy National Day!!

2 comments:

derek said...

hello!!
surprise!! Ahem! Am I the first to spot ur bloggie?! oh well, gonna miss u when u'r away! take good care ya..who knows.. maybe i can pop by to stayover in States?!! hmm??? haha.. chay,kidding. have a safe travel girl!

SJ said...

Haha thx! Yup you're lucky number 1! Keep well, and in touch! =)