Sunday, August 27, 2006

Go Bulls Go!

Friday:
Attended this spaghetti dinner organized by the International Students small group under Intervarsity Christian Fellowship (IV). The food was great and the fellowship was better! The group was pretty small comprising us (Steph, Weichang, Matt, me) being the international part of the group haha! The rest were local or from America so yup! The night started out slow but progressed as we were invited to go bowling @ student union then to ice-cream @ Coldstone in Franklin St! Never knew Student union had a bowling alley... though not one of the best but yea. Haha! It's like really old and we had to keep our own score (as in paper/pencil) plus the lanes weren't lighted so it was pretty interesting! They were some really gd bowlers there but the whole experience was the atmosphere and team spirit - in that sense.






Fellowshipped with another group of IV people @ Coldstone and the ice-cream was great! Though by the end of the day I was beat.



Today:
The arvo was spent sleeping. I know... I had a late night ok and it was really hot and I was so tired. The plan for the day was to go for an appointment out of campus (which required a 10min bus ride to and fro, the whole package comes with the heat of noonday sun... reckon I'm significantly darker now then ever!! Anyway!) then go back to do laundry (finally found the room haha! It's a really nice area set aside in the basement and there's like a louge room for you to wait while your clothes get clean) then meet @ steph's dorm before meeting the rest of the IV people for transport to Durham stadium for a baseball game!!

Bottomline, I followed the plan relatively well... only thing is instead of coming back to my dorm for laundry I chilled @ steph's dorm and soon fell asleep. The baseball game was great!! What an experience!! The Durham Bulls were playing the Charlotte Knights and the hometeam - Bulls - won!! Yay! But yea had a blast of a time there and got to take pictures and make a number of friends! Was talking with this guy who was explaining to us the different sports they have, including underwater hockey and frisby-golf!?!? (I know right!!) He'll be inviting us for a game so we'll see how it's played haha!

Tml:
Going to Summit church, 30mins towards Durham! Manage to get transport thx to Weichang so yea! Praying it'll be D church but yea we'll see...

Alright I know I've said lots tt I'll post up pictures... but yea... most of the outings I didn't have my camera so I'm basically dependant on grabbing other people's photos so please bear with me k? =P Have a great week!!

No comments: