My parents are leaving tomorrow morning and I won't be able to see them off. Sobs... Thought I wouldn't cry but I burst out after seeing my mum tear... It's hard when reality hits and you find your loved ones finally leaving you to be on your own. Not that I haven't experienced it before in lesser time spans but yea... the thought of 5 mths being physically apart, I feel the tug of my heart-strings. Especially hearing my parents' "parting" words. Really wish I could go see them off at RDU but they insisted I stay coz of transportation back to Chapel Hill.
Anyway, Pa, Ma, I'll miss both of you so much... Past few days have been tiring. Loads of activities. I mean it was fun and quite an experience but it was tiring. Sunday we visited a Methodist church at Franklin Street. The church was beautiful with it's steeple standing tall and magnificent. The architecture was very colonial with 4 big columns welcoming you into the church's main entrance.
Service was really traditional. Sang hymns and doxologys and Word was alright. Though the only main point I got from it was 'Bread for the Journey' requires wisdom. It was a good experience anyhow but I'm still praying for the right church to go to. Sunday was also the day my roommate moved in!
She's really great and a presby who's a member of the UNC's Intervarsity Christian Fellowship! Thank God for her coz she's really made our room feel like home with all her decorations and all. Went for a movie - Snakes on the plane - which was really silly and honestly not that worth US$7 but it was a good time to meet Caroline's friends and brother. Fall fest was after.
Fall fest is this annual event that they have here at UNC where they close up a whole street and societies and clubs organize booths along the enclosed area to attract potential members! The whole thing started at 9pm but heard it was really packed (like the whole uni was there) before that. Reminded me of the Taka stretch on Orchard Road in the weekends haha! There were so many Christian organizations but signed up for the Intervaristy one and Agape Campus Christian Fellowship. So yup. That's my weekend for you! Will post up pictures as soon as I get them uploaded =)
To date, had my TB skin test today. Praying it'll be fine so that I won't have to go through the trouble of going south of campus to take monthly jabs. Also, I've got my internet up and running in my dorm! Plus new bed arrangements and all! Again, will post up pictures when I get them k! Meantime, take care people and have a good week ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment