Thursday, February 01, 2007

What's new...

... I found a job. The past weeks have gone by. So fast. Gosh.

Just the other week I set up my Jobstreet account, uploaded my resume, applied for 2 jobs, thinking, "I'll give it 3 weeks". 2 days I set up an account with Monster and applied for 1 job. Later that day, I get the call. First interview Dreamworks Advertising - Mon 11am, Chinatown.

Sunday night - first impression clothing dilemma. Finally decided to pick an outfit @ daybreak. Arrived. Filled out papers. Had some laughs over Friends Season 1 playing on the waiting hall tv. Finally was invited into the conference room and was asked 3 questions openly with the 4 other applicants. 1) Introduce myself. 2) What are my strengths? 3) Do I have any weaknesses? Felt like I didn't do well with that. Me, the only one in the room without outside experience in the field - Sales and Marketing. If there's no call by Wed, it's back to the drawing board. I'm told.

Tuesday, I wait for the train to Clementi from City Hall. A great day of badminton with Weichang & Clement! Been a really long time since I"ve played (Currently. Aching arms.). I get the call. Second interview. I got it. The next day 9.45am. 4 hours of evaluations over a teh susu @ the pagoda street coffee shop. Bustling tourists and school children all around while I sat there learning about my future in career advancements and answering questions, possibly, determining it.

It was surreal and yet real. Think I'm still baffled by the fact that everything has come to this. The few days of job searching, my first application, my first and only call yet. Should I wait? Would there be other calls?

Last night I get 3 missed calls from 1 number. Rang back, no answer. My mobile rings after a few minutes of dinner preparation. It's the MD. "You've got to go through a few days of training before we officially welcome you in... but I extend an initial congratulations." Does that mean I got it? Work begins almost immediately.

I'm beginning to doubt, really, if this is just the company needing people urgently or God opening a door. My prayers were focussed on God leading me to do His will in the job's I've applied for. It's not even a matured time for the rest of the companies to call and I settle for this job? Is it meant to be taken as a sign? Nothing wrong with the company... though the name may sound alarming "Cobra Group - www.cobragroup.com" Never heard of it but apparently it's big. I'll be handling direct marketing for Standard Chartered if I get in. The idea that in 8 months or more, according to my progress, I run my own project team as project manager, maybe become my own MD, starting up another company under the Cobra Group. It's hmm... daunting.

O Lord, is this really where I am to begin this first step into a career? Father, if it is, please settle my heart, take away the doubts. I need You and desire for Your heart and desires in my life. Help me stay on Your highway. Thank you Lord.

No comments: