Tuesday, January 23, 2007

M is for Motorola, L is for Linksys.

Problem: Getting my wireless connection up and running.

It's been an hour and I still have no clue how to get my mac to search for my very own internet wireless connection. Woke up this morning to find that everyone in my block has secured their internet connection. Sighs! I'm looking at this black device that says it connects my PC to the internet via cable but I think the wireless is still disabled.

Upon reading the directions and looking at the Linksys box, I realize that I don't have that 2 antenna Linksys broadband router thing. It said to press the Linksys Security System button to enable the wireless connection but! The funny thing is, what's connecting me to the internet, right now via cable, is this black device - 'Motorola' - while everything else, in terms of software, is Linksys.

Motorola. M... Linksys. L... Could someone please enlighten me?

No comments: