Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Start spreading the news...

It's New York all over again!

Just a brief recap on Urbana...

We ushered in the New Year glorifying God in worship!! Just watching the whole arena, 22,000 delegates from over 150 countries, singing, dancing, praising together as one... that topped the list of past New Year's celebrations! How great is our God that His people can enter into His presence and kick start 2007 proclaiming Christ as our Redeemer, our King, our Father, our Comforter & Friend!! It was just amazing. I'm still awe-struck by God's power.

Ask me how Urbana'06 was for me and I'd tell you God changed my perspectives once again! I came to Urbana thinking of finding direction concerning my career path and how I would fit into missions. Not that I got a clear cut answer but God's revealed so much more - in the in-depth Ephesians bible studies and the general seminar sessions and the worship. God's renewed His joy and strength once again in my spiritual walk and I can't help but find myself longing to linger in His presence.

I got a lot out of every seminar as well but just to pin-point 2 points that stood out for me:

With God's grace, the only logical response is Joy!

Missions is no longer going across the oceans. It's just going across the street.

God is doing great things. He's fulfilling His purpose in each and everyone of us and I'm expectant of His mighty works in me and through me to glorify Him!

After the worship party @ Edward Jones Dome, I got back to packing. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... even with the amount of material provided by Urbana, I still managed to zip up my luggage haha! Of course it's starting to look rather out-of-shape but ya it still closes and that's the most important thing isn't it.

Said many goodbyes to UNC friends who were there. Spent time talking to Liz, Amanda & Sherri & a few other new friends. It's always sad to say goodbye. Anyhows... woke up at 6am, packed the rest of the stuff and left while the rest were still sleeping. The airport was packed with Urbana people la! In a way, it was quite comforting. Comforting to be with familiar people, Christ's family, as the realization of my American experience draws a close. It's hitting me harder than I though it would. Especially when people start leaving, it gets so abrupt...!!

Anyways, while waiting for my flight there was a chinese dude playing the violin. Urbana kid too. It was so surreal - the whole atmosphere. Flying to Columbus, Ohio wasn't bad. It was arriving in Ohio and finding the Urbana people gone that I felt a little lonely with reality knocking. I'm thankful that when once I use to think my life was defined by the friends I have, the activities I was occupied with, I found sufficiency in Christ alone! So yea... just sharing that I'll really miss the experience.

So. Upon arriving in Columbus. I found out my flight got delayed due to thick fog in Newark causing little visibility on the run-way. At first the 1115am flight shifted to 1325. Who would have known after boarding at 1325, we'd be stuck on the plane till 1630!! They didn't want to de-plane in case we were given the go to take off but yea... it was tiring.

Arrived in Newark at 5plus 6 and by the time I got on the shuttle and arrived at my family friend's place it was 7pm. I'm relieved and physically tired. Though the little girls - Lingling and Huihui - are such a joy! They're the highlight of my day! Will be going free and easy from now onwards. Hope to catch a musical... probably check that out tml. Also want to go to Long Island so yup. Then again my final days here in America may be full... haha!

Wells, the countdown is on... Take care and have a blessed week!

Love,
SJ

No comments: