The time's 5:14am and my brain's active. I'm physically up and don't feel a hint of the long sleep I got since hmm.. 8pm yesterday. Good & not-so-good. Woke up to stickiness and heat, sounds of cars rushing by the busy road below. Brilliant. I'm home. Haha!
Don't really want to comment about my flight, except that it was delayed from the very beginning by 3 hours but thx to all for praying! Am feeling much much better though my nose is still stuffy. Ok maybe I'll say something about my 1 day flight back. Lawrence and his fiancee, Janet, kindly dropped me off @ JFK which was suppose to depart at 9:40pm (NY time). When I got there and the lady told me the flight was delayed due to security breach since morning in Vancouver, it was kinda too late to ask Lawrence & Janet to kill time with me. I received a $15 voucher from Cathay and proceeded to check-in. Had a decent 'dinner' before settling down and playing with the sweet baby in his mother's arms across me.
Fast forwarding... ... The 13 hour stretch from Vancouver to HK wasn't all bad except for the fact that I didn't feel well. Slept through most of it to attune my body back to SG time though it didn't really work considering I'm up at this unearthly hour. Ate so much on the plane. Another way of psychoing myself that "Oh! it's breakfast!" "Oh! It's lunch!" "Oh it's dinner!" Can't remember how many meals I had in a day time but had like 2 cup noodles (never felt so good eating it to relieve my stuffed nose... surprise surprise... why? hot soup. Hello! =P) in between. As a result, I missed my flight into SG from HK and had to settle for a later flight which left me arriving in SG around 3pm yesterday arvo. It definitely was a long.... trip back. Was greeted by the alarmingly familiar tune of "Gong-xi gong-xi gong-xi ni ah!". I miss the states already.
The ride home felt like home. Don't know if that made sense but it felt like I've never really left SG to begin with. Ok apart from new rearrangements in the house and a tri-colour "adorable" puppy poodle invading the kitchen corner, it felt home. Thank God for His peace and assurance!
Bon2. (what a name for a dog... anyway) He's alright I guess. Skinny little fella who's extremely hyper playful and teething. Though he's becoming quite adorable now as in cute. Haha! My mum expects me to train him. So far in my coming back. I've done 2 things:
1) Cleared out my luggage
2) Taught Bon's to stay away from human shoes.
Reckon that's pretty gd aye? Haha! Oh and did I tell people that my luggage transformed into a China/Pakistani pink bag? You know those 1 dollar huge rice bags? Ya. Aunty Mew Yee passed it on to me so that I'd be able to fit everything in. Not that I had too much to begin with but my luggages were apparently undersize. All in all the total weight of the 2 came under the designated weight by 10kg!
Anyways, what's up for me now that I'm back? Recover, rest, relax, job hunt.
Think once I've gone out to the city or Hawker Center & see, hear, smell, feel SG, realism will definitely be hitting me hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment