Finally swam yesterday! Beautiful weather with the sun up. After lunching with Clem and Weichang, I changed and literally rushed down to the pool. Swam from 2:30-4pm. Wonderful. Just wonderful! Looks like today's another sunny day though I'd be out again...
Anyways, met up with Mel as well and went for dinner at Din Tai Fung! Gosh haven't had that in a while with xiao long bao and some noodle soup thing and pork strips yum! Still trying to accustom myself to the loudness and crowded-ness of being back. Too much invasion of personal space on the Mrt!!! On the bus, in shopping centres, on the street.
Honestly, I'm not exactly actively searching for a job right now. I mean I do look @ recruit every now and then but I'm kind of 'savouring' the free time to read, swim, pack. I'm still trying to linger on as a student (though graduated) before I turn 'working adult'.
Issues at home seem to be on standby. Mum's keeping busy with bible school in the day which gives me some space from her perpetual harping of family matters. The night does get its colours with the lonely idleness but that gets swept under the rug with my "so what did you learn today?", "have you done your homework and readings for tml yet ma?", "No? Come let us read 'The Midas Touch' together..." Some call it avoidance, I need the breather. My mum has a grand total of 10 books to read. Some small pamphlet looking ones and a few thick tiny print ones. She struggles with catching up in readings so I try to help her as much as I can. Though her short attention span or short memory (like mine) seems to get us nowhere to a certain extent.
Oh wells, another story for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment