Saturday, January 13, 2007

Downpour

One moment of sunshine ... and a whole downpour of rain. Boo.... Right now I wish the pool below was indoors. I've been longing to swim!!! The rain's been a rather 'wet blanket' for my activities. I'm spending way too much time indoors then out! Anyways, was kinda down after my last post but God has a knack for sending great friends as my 'tiramisu'! (Did you know... tiramisu actually means "pick me up"?) Some Trivia.

The very same day, after I posted it, got a call from Weichang asking me to come out for lunch and she and Clement are on their way over to pick me up! Now that was a real improntu wonderful surprise!

It's interesting how there's a change in role play in my household. Did I inform people that my mum has signed up for bible school and thus is a full-time student, 9-1pm, Mondays to Fridays. That leaves me tentatively at home, taking over her former role as 'home maker'... till I find a job (that is). Not that I mind staying home. Somehow it turned out great coz I've got more time to catch up with God. My routine begins once Bon2 starts yelping at 8am. Make breakfast, prepare my mum for school and quiet time. I've been trying to incorporate the inductive bible study method in my quiet time. Somehow it takes me really long to think about questions and answering them. When we did it at Urbana it was like 3-4 people brain-storming so hmm. Anyways, all's gd all's gd. There's still so much God has to show me and I can't wait!

Forgive me for the no-flow in my post. I'm trying to cover the main stuff over the past week since I've been back.
Yesterday visited Trinity@Paya Lebar. Not too sure if I felt at home or not with the service itself but I definitely felt welcomed by the people. The whole service structure reminds me fondly of FCC. Corporate prayer before service leading into worship. Sermon was on God's Will. How apt I must say. Seems like God has been reminding me about focussing on His desires, His heart.

Today, I'm attending Yio Chu Kang Brethren Church. Yup I'm switching church thanks to my mum. A follow up post on this another time. I've gotta go. Cheers!

No comments: