Thursday, March 29, 2007

He touched me...

As interesting as the title sounds, for those who don't know the age-old hymn by William J. Gaither, it goes like this:

Shackled by a heavy burden,
'Neath a load of guilt and shame.
Then the hand of Jesus touched me,
And now I am no longer the same

Chorus:
He touched me, Oh He touched me,
And oh the joy that floods my soul!
Something happened and now I know, He touched me and made me whole.

Since I met this blessed Savior,
Since He cleansed and made me whole,
I will never cease to praise Him,
I'll shout it while eternity rolls.

Past 2 days have been fully amazing - in both sense of the phrase. Fully full 8am-5pm day and fully fully amazing *get it?? Haha nvm.* Went to Jurong West Primary School to help out with Touch's Character Development Programme for P3 & 4. We taught the kids on Truthfulness and Diligence! The experience? Unforgettably fulfilling. God touched me, through all the 4 classes of boys and girls, all 40x4 of them.

I could take 3 posts and still not be done with the recount of little stories of interaction with the children that warmed my heart so. I love it.

After today's session, I followed the manager back to Bukit Merah (where the office is) and did a personality test which derived me as a "i" & "d" (can't remember what they stood for though). Then had almost an hour's interview with the 2 directors. All I know is that I shared my heart. Think this is the first time I was so open with an interviewer to share personal testimonies and all. Well, after 2 days, I'll be doing tem' first to see if I can really handle the job and if I'm alright with it, I get a full time job!

Pray with me as I pray about this opportunity for ministry as a career. That I'll have the courage and strength to persevere and minister to the special needs children I'll be handling. That I'll not grow weary and be consumed by the world's views of materialism and wages. That I'll be content with what I have and the overflowing riches in Him working through my hands and feet.

No comments: