God's golden sun is shining down over Singapore as the early birds rise. In the rare occasions that I'm awake before 7am, the sunrise and peering down to the street below, watching traffic build up, never fail to fascinate me. Ahhh... sentimental reminiscence. Really miss Carolina - the walks from Cobb to lectures, the smell of clean crisp greens.
A chat with Valden pointed out an interesting point. He said that he's in a state of 'Out of sight, out of mind'. Whereby if you don't mention something/someone, you won't miss it/him/her. I think... it has some truth... to a certain extent. Now talking about Valden, I miss FCC and the Vibe ministry. Haha!
Quiet time has been going by so fast. It's like you begin, you're halfway through, then you glimpse at the time, and, oh my goodness, it's time to go!
Psalm 139 has been on my mind lately. It's a beautiful Psalm, and it has always been one of favourites. The first few verses, especially, have been a conscious reflection.
"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me."
It's like God knows me perfectly, far beyond the knowledge of myself. He's constantly examining my heart, my thoughts, my actions. Am I breathing each breath with a true genuine desire for God's heart?
Things at home have been routine. I've taken up the role of 'mothering' my parents. Driving one or the other from point A to B to C to D, conscientiously helping my dad with the heavy weights, cleaning his eye, dripping the prescribed eyedrops (which is doing well though it looks a little swollen and still bloodshot since the op), bandaging it before he sleeps, washing his hair etc. in short I'm his home nurse. No no.. not complaining... it's a privilege to serve!
Signing off!
Things at home have been routine. I've taken up the role of 'mothering' my parents. Driving one or the other from point A to B to C to D, conscientiously helping my dad with the heavy weights, cleaning his eye, dripping the prescribed eyedrops (which is doing well though it looks a little swollen and still bloodshot since the op), bandaging it before he sleeps, washing his hair etc. in short I'm his home nurse. No no.. not complaining... it's a privilege to serve!
Signing off!
No comments:
Post a Comment