No, this is nothing like a Johnny Walker ad.
Went to Hort Park for a 10km walk with cellies & a whole gin gang of YA Trinitarians. I must admit I wasn't too keen on signing up for this 'Escape to the Ridge' event mainly because,
1) It's on a public holiday = opportunity to sleep in = rest
2) Alarm needs to be set to 6am to reach Hort Park at 830am = unearthly hour
Ok getting up was a hassle. I figured the night before that I'm just gonna snooze till I'm late so decided to change into what I'll wear there. (YES, I shower before bed and NO, I still stay clean in the morning) Apparently, Mel & YQ were appalled but ANYWAY!
I began to enjoy the walk as time approached 11am. Thank God for great weather! Hot, sunny & humid but at least it didn't rain. The views were great along with the sea breeze that blew in!
Well done to the committee who planned the whole event! *Pat yourselves on the back*
Walking around Vivo was an eye-opener. For one, one would have thought Vivo would be super packed on a public holiday but it was pretty alright. Two, it's been a long time since I've felt the feeling of liberation from the urge to shop - mainly because I was literally cash- & card- less after lunch. I should stop bringing money out every now and then.
Anyways, back to the books!
No comments:
Post a Comment