Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Back on the hill

I'm back from Charleston!! Realize I never mentioned it here but yea... now you know! Took a weekend road trip and it was great! In some ways it was a chance to catch up on some good rest but in all honesty, it was hard to focus on resting with tuesday's presentation lurking at the back of my mind, at the ring of my mobile, in my UNC inbox.

Though, I did very much enjoy myself as the sun shone brightly on Charleston! God blessed us with excellent weather! Right from the beginning of the drive from the hill, through the 5 hours journey to Best Western Patriots Point to back on the hill! The whole feel to Charleston was very colonial, historic, preserved, laid-back.

Highlights? I loved the time of worship singing we had the first night we arrived. The time spent in fellowship and worship together as God's family. Nothing will ever compare. Reminds me of FCC and being in cell. I miss it. Thank you, Matt! for bringing the guitar and ever-readily playing! It recharged me quite a bit from the long weary drive. I love praise and worship! It's one of the few things that keeps me sane and constant haha! I loved the whole coast harbor boat ride we took to Fort Sumter. Reckon life on the ocean is beautiful. Feeling the sea breeze, looking out onto miles and miles of water as the city landscape merges into the horizon, the sun bright shining above glistening the waters. I just love it!

What's coming...
Tml's my P&G presentation. It's quite a funny emotion I'm feeling now as the hours draw closer. Honestly, I don't know what to expect. I'm scared yet nonchalant. In my mind I run through the presentation as I would ideally like it to be. "Good morning! My name's Sarah-Jane and I'll be covering the overview of P&G and touch a little on their shadowing experience. My groupmates ...." "P&G sees themself as a collection of smaller companies with diverse products and career opportunities. The company has ..."

I can't wait for it to be over. Then I'm free - 'er.

Am looking forward to thanksgiving! Think that will be my official break from work. No planning, no thinking about assignments and work (ok maybe a slight time allocation for exam revision), just chillin'. Pray God will make good use of the time with Heather and her family, Weichang and Kate and her family.


They say time will fly by after thanksgiving. I'm still hoping it'll not be so, even though reality cries otherwise. Think it's really a time and season that everyone goes through. Everytime we're in it, we can't get enough of it. It's instinctive I think... this hunger for more of something we come to love and enjoy. I pray my heart longs for this undying discontentment of longing for more in my walk with God. More of Him, less of me.

I'm going to dare to ponder the future. Haven't the slightest clue though how it'll be when I'm finally back on home soil. So much for pondering. Haha. But imagine. No more classroom settings. No more waking up for classes, staying up late for assignments. No more student lunches, dinners, meal plans with pizzas and wings and soft bake cookies or worshipping in a campus ministry setting. Gosh I'll miss all that. Miss it dearly.

I'm looking forward to Urbana! It's great, this feeling of uncertain certain-ness (if ever there was such a word), awaiting to know more about God's direction and heart in world missions. Looking forward to what December has in store and what God brings in the New year!

Oh wells, till more updates, take care people and to all in America, have a warm blessed thanksgiving!

No comments: