Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sing of Christmas time...

It's the holiday mood still lingering here on the hill. A (better-be) temporal struggle to start-up the academic engines, intellectual minds once again. Can't believe they've started playing Christmas songs on the radio since early Nov. Wish I had agreed to borrowing Kate's The Sunflower by Simon Weisenthal. Though the rationalization holds true that I wouldn't be able to finish it before I leave. It's one of my books-to-read wishlist since Australia. Anyhows, always a good chance to pay a first-time visit to SG's new National Library, whose opening I missed due to my flight back to Perth.

It's been so long since I've read a novel/book. I miss reading. Really! Currently, I've adopted a rather disturbing reading text. It talks about the author understanding the world of psychiatric patients & their perception towards the community. Not that I've suddenly taken interest in such topics but it's research for a paper. Though it got me thinking quite a bit on my perspectives.

Anyways, a few things that need thinking about keep me busy. With the inevitable countdown to leaving Chapel Hill, I've got to arrange a place for my little overseas hoard of things. Then, there's the sad saying-goodbye formality meals to fulfill (memories of leaving aus) & gifts to distribute & gifts to get for family friends in NY. There's more but I rather not list. Busy busy my days will be till the exams. Reminder to self: Email Natasha on flight itineraries for Dec.

Take care ya'll and have a great week ahead! Cheers to the holiday-people and 'hang-on's to the exam-sitters!

No comments: