Thursday, November 09, 2006

Wet, wet, wet

It rained yesterday. Like really heavy rain, the whole day. Weather's wacked! Anyways, did alot of walking in the rain for the whole day and at the end of it my Nike's got soaked through. Went to Student Union for a while before Graphics and had my shoes off trying to dry as much of my socks as possible. Walked through a gazillion puddles, finally arriving @ Graphics class and took off shoes and socks hoping the AC (air-con) would dry them by the time lesson was over.

That didn't do. Funny thing was, I went back to change my socks before heading out for International Bible Study coz they too were wet. Somehow it never occurred to me that putting on clean dry socks wouldn't help if I still wore the same wet shoes but ya. I was rushing!

My shoes are still wet btw. Worse thing is, they're beginning to smell... like my socks and shoes. Haha! Even worse? I don't have enough credit on my UNC card to do laundry. I took my Nikes for a good wash this morning though. (Did it secretly in the shower haha!) Soap and everything. Reckon they'll only stop smelling when I find a means of drying them completely. Hoping I could borrow a hairdryer from my roomie later. Haha! With my only pair of sneakers wet, I have no other weather-worthy shoes to wear around. All I've got on is a pair of rubber-soled ballets that gives me blisters. Boo... Ok it's not that bad. Socks are giving me relative comfort.

Oh wells. Last Sunday night, I met Emily and Weichang for discipleship. We do it almost every Monday arvos after lunch. Sunday night was an exception coz Weichang was suppose to be teaching me on 'Love'. Haha! Met @ McAlister's Deli (good American food. Huge value-for-money spuds & burgers & club sandwiches & sweet tea!). That's when dear Emily lent me her winter coat while I'm still in NC. (Note to self: Shop for weather-worthy coat and shoes).

Yups. Nothing much happening this week though... Just swamped with assignments. Have a final exam this Fri. Haven't started studying yet. Don't know why I'm still typing this post when I should be getting to it but ya. I guess I get bored and once again it's 60% multiple choice. Haha! K gtg.

Ciao!

No comments: