It's Friday!!! Exactly 2 weeks and I'll bid the Hill, NC, UNC, the blue & white, Ramses, so-so football, ace bball, bschool, south campus hangouts, bell tower chimes, walks back to Cobb, the Cobb piano, Caroline snoozes, walks past 'Silent Sam' & along Franklin on a clear sky day, IV, IV dinners/suppers, swiping, laundry, 'hush puppies', alpine bagels, sweet tea, soybean milk, pecan/pumpkin pie, Meal plan dining, Sundays @ Church & Sunday night lunches/dinners with 'the gang' - Weichang, Jeremy, Matt, Clement & 9:30pm Compline services, Monday lunches with Weichang & discipleships with Emily, Tuesdays & Thursdays in Graphics Design plus the out-of-class hours in Carroll lab 059, Tuesday dinners, Wednesday dinners & Lightbearers, Friday escapades in Hill Hall, Saturday get-togethers farewell.
Can I stress enough that most of all I'll miss the fellowship? No. The dear people that made my exchange so different, so memorable, so blessed. So many thank yous, so many hugs and 'I'll miss you's. Had my final lab session today & my tutor said his goodbyes, "was great having you for the semester" speech. Here comes December indeed.
This countdown will be a sad one for most of us exchange students. I'm going to re-live saying goodbye to Perth all over again. Sigh! Reckon it'll be really tough for me. There's something about sweet Carolina I can't express with words. Gosh it'll be difficult. It's really the after thought that bugs me I guess. What happens to all the people when we move on with the life God leads us to? When, back on home soil, we tune ourselves back to distant familiarities? What will happen to the people whom I've shared my heart with? I pray we'll still be in touch, that we'll still remain in fellowship, online/offline.
I spent the entire day working on my final report for Ad Media. It was a race against the clock but we did it. I learn something new everyday (though it's a matter of whether I remember them but anyways...) today wasn't as pleasant. Back-bites, superficial, plastic smiles, empty concerns. I'm glad I've got the opportunity for group work here. At crunch time, you really see the many shades of people. In a group of 7, only 3 turned up to work together in the last moments of the assignment. Let's just say they were angry and the conversation got quite interesting... hmm.
Anyways, I'm finally done!!! Done with my assignments!!! Ok there's just one left but I do so engjoy graphics design. Haha! Oh and you know I was quite concerned about my grades for Media Pdtn... or rather the lack of it. Haha from my first exam till now I nv knew how much I got. Wells, today I got back my assignment grades for my film proposal (which he said I could get the study abroad office here to fund HA!) & my audio project and both got a nice B! Not my best effort I'm guilty to say but I'm glad! Hee!
Thank you Lord for seeing me through it all.
Your love is amazing, steady and unchanging
Your love is a mountain, firm beneath my feet
Your love is a mystery, how You gently lift me
When I am surrounded, Your love carries me
CHORUS:
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Your love makes me sing
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Your love makes me sing
Your love is surprising, I can feel it rising
All the joy that's growing deep inside of me
Every time I see You, all Your goodness shines through
And I can feel this God song, rising up in me
No comments:
Post a Comment