Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Stating states.

Finally have some time to settle down and post up something decent (i hope).

Where to begin... Umm. God has really blessed us in this trip from the very beginning! He has seen us through everything we did from our commuting to and fro to the sights & sounds to meeting new people, making new friends. It's just been incredible & I'm always amazed & in awe at even the little things we experience covered with His fingerprints!

Let's start from Atlanta.

So! Arrived in Atlanta with Matt & Clement on the arvo of 14 Dec. Praise God for Clement's family friend (Uncle Randy & his wife, Aunty Janna) - a missionary family serving on the Doulos (Mission ship that sails around reaching out to Asia) - who picked us up at the airport, housed us at the OM (Operation Mobilization) guest house in Tyrone which was beautiful! & drove us to and from the airport's MARTA (something like SG's MRT) station every day. Think the accomodation kicked off the trip rather well! We literally had a whole house to ourselves from laundry facilities to tea, jam, eggs, milk, butter, bread, Cheerios & Post breakfast cereals in the kitchen to prepare on our own!

God provided us with great weather - bright and sunny! - in which we covered significant grounds on foot. So far the whole traveling experience has been on foot... with the occasional rides on public transport when needed but I've never walked so much in a concentrated period of time!!?! Reckon I covered a distance of approx. 2 marathons on foot! (Qing you should be proud of me haha!) Plus I've significantly lost some weight (by judgement of my corduroy jeans no longer bursting at the seams).

Anyways, Atlanta was great! A highlight of the sightseeing was visiting Coke & the High Museum of Art to see Louvre Atlanta! Highlight on a whole? Spending time with Uncle Randy & Aunty Janna & their children & Cocoa (brown lab. Soooooo cute!!!!!)! Pictures say a thousand words so enjoy!



Coca-cola






Louvre Atlanta @ Sunset


Little Emily & me @ the Christmas Dinner in Uncle Randy & Aunty Janna's church


Boston.
As soon as we began our winter break, too soon we had to leave Atlanta for Boston, Massachusetts. The flight took an hour or so and I had an interesting conversation with a senior father working in satellite engineering and programming. Think it's the Christian thing I talked about few posts back... He started talking with me coz' he saw my cross so yup. The warmth of God's family! Actually wanted to sleep through the flight but reckon the conversation made the flight more interesting anyways. Haha!

Covered downtown Boston in under 2 days I think. Loved the houses and parks! Our accomodation at DoubleTree was good too! Stayed in Cambridge opposite Harvard Business School! Think if I compared downtown Boston & Cambridge, I'd say Cambridge's quaint town houses & Harvard University scored better. Finding food on the other hand was a chore but settling at Quincy markets was great though pricy. Boston's a really walkable city. We walked across the Harvard bridge to see MIT too! The highlight of Boston was definitely the road trip! As mentioned in the previous post, we drove down to Providence, RI and up to Portsmouth, Kittery & Salisbury in New Hampshire & Portland, Maine. Keep crossing out the states! Haha! Here are some pictures in random order...











Alright I've gotta go pack. Gotta catch the cab early to Reagan Airport tml morning... Updates on Washington will come when I have the time!

Looking ahead... it's URBANA 2006!! Can check out the site!

Till tomorrow, Bonne nuit & Goodbye Washington! Hello..... St Louis!!

No comments: