Thursday, December 14, 2006

This is it.

Day 122. 6:50AM

Just finish packing most of the check-ins. Thinking if I'm missing anything out. Drawers? Empty. Check. Wardrobe? Nothing that's coming with me. Check. Table? Laptop. Check later.

Can't believe this is it. Just the other day we were getting acquainted with the Hill. Today, I'm leaving it behind.
Just in August the weather was warm and humid - were we back in SG?? - and now in December, you can barely go a day without a warm winter coat.
Just 2 months back we were in Florida for Fall break and in over a month - road trip to Charleston.
Just the other week we ended IV & went for a Chai at Starbucks. The other Sunday, Summit sang Chris Tomlin's new album song, "Glorious" & at Compline, "Ave Maria".
Just then it was Thanksgiving and the weeks full of assignments & after, we celebrated Christmas early with Emily & Kate, Shannon & Rebecca, April & Jenny, Lydia, & had dinner at Jim's place.
Just the other day Weichang left for a week to NY & Washington. She's somewhere over the pacific now, traveling back to SG.
Just everyday, I had my meals at Lenoir and Rams - salad with vinegrette, meat & mash potatoes, cake, sweet tea. Yesterday was my last dinner at Rams. Last meal plan dining.
Just that day, we met for dinner & said our farewells. Took a few pictures & promised to keep in touch.

Sighs... I'm sad. Still have an exam to sit for @ 8am before everything kicks into full gear holiday mode. I'm really sad that it's all over. No more college life, no more carefree walks after each assignment is handed in, after each exam is done. I'm really sad to leave this beautiful place. Just one semester. Just another year going by. Just another place I'll hold so dear to my heart.

I love you, Carolina. I'll miss you, UNC.

I'll miss you.

Friends are friends forever - Michael W. Smith
Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
I can't believe the hopes He's granted
Means a chapter of your life is through

But we'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends

And with the faith and love God's given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you live in
Is the strength that now you show

We'll keep you close as always
It won't even seem you've gone
'Cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends

And friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
'Cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends

To live as friends

Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends

No a lifetime's not too long
To live as friends

No comments: