Thursday, December 07, 2006

To think...

I'm done with my classes. Like not only done done but DONE. For good. No more attendance. No more classes. No more University. Didn't realize it till dinner @ Jim's family's place (Jim conducts the IV International Bible Study every Tues night & kindly invited us back to his home for a Christmas farewell meet-my-lovely wife-&-adorable-4-kids! family dinner) when Brooke (local, majoring in nursing) mentioned it! Gosh... I'm done.

Handed in my final assignment and what a relief.

Anyways, dinner was great! Broccoli & cheese casserole & homemade bread, salad, corn & cranberry juice! (Something I haven't had in a lonnnnngggggg while. Yums!) Reminded me of the time my dad had this craze over Cranberry juice.

"No. Not orange juice. Cranberry juice. Why? It's healthier, it's better. Good for you. More Vitamin C than oranges & has antioxidents. Go get the Cranberry juice! I said no orange juice!! You drink what I drink. Go. Now! Check for 100% OK!)" - an example of several such dialogues at NTUC.

Sidetrack, on with yest's dinner... It was great! Seriously. Many people here (and ok, people in many other places besides SG) build their own houses! Imagine the immense sense of achievement finally moving in & everything's made by you! Wows. Jim built his own house + a basement! The night went on with a little final bible study and amusing ourselves with their kids (oldest is 8, youngest few months?) & ended with Taboo!

There's something about the friends & their families I've visited, that brings so much warmth to my heart, so much love and joy, peace, hope, sincerity. I'm glad it's Jesus.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost

Me International Bible Study gals! From left to right: Brooke, Rachel, Liz & me

No comments: