This is for my wonderful, beautiful mother who turns 56!!
We went out for dinner to celebrate with my aunt & uncle. Think now that the school days are gone & the career phase comes, celebrating my parent's birthdays have becoming more fulfilling.
Tonight I saw the rekindled love & joy in my mum's eyes throughout dinner. Haven't had much quality time with her in a while since I started working & could tell she missed the time with me when I wasn't so tightly scheduled. Brings back wonderful memories of mother-daughter time. I remember we used to cuddle up together to a good movie on tv & make random comments about that handsome actor or the longing actress. Haha...
A bit of background about my mom (for all who's interested) haha. She's really one special lady. Very different from the everyday woman we meet. Some people may think she's quite odd which is true to some extent but think a better word would be 'unconventional'.
She's compassionate & sensitive, confident & welcoming, humourous & disciplined, God-fearing, generous & a committed caregiver with the heart for the lost. Think what I really admire in her is her uber friendliness (both her & my father can chat & get to know anyone!), boldness & persistence to talk about Jesus to really anybody and everybody she meets!
Top traits I've got from her, I think, would be her enthusiasm & spontaneity.
Wells, thanking God for you & through thick & thin, I'll always love you Mama.
Blessed Birthday!



No comments:
Post a Comment