Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Too Late...

... for comments on the NDP?? Never! Haha...

Wanted to post this much much earlier but the days have been really busy.

I actually enjoyed the NDP this year @ Marina Bay. Was watching with family in the comforts of home & every yr we never fail to see the jets fly past out our window. Loved the first performance by Clementi Primary School!! Ok not being bias (just because its children) but didn't you think they were so cute in their colourful under-the-sea costumes! Especially the starfish haha!

The remote control kites were also really nice. Think the backdrop of the city skyline like The Fullerton & Esplanade were spectacular for Singapore standards. Thought the songs had a tad too much propaganda this year, especially 'Will you'.

Will you dare to find... dare to find... dare to find... new ways....!!!!

The children were singing it in their high pitched, out of tune voices, like a broken record after their school celebrations. Seriously. But oh wells, what's National Day without the patriotism right?

To sum it up, I'm glad I'm back in SG & to a certain extent there's really no place I'd rather be than where family & friends are, here in Singapore.

We are Singapore... we are Singapore... we will stand together, hear the lion roar!

No comments: