Monday, August 06, 2007

Gone is the tree.

Just realize today that the tree along Braddell Rd just after Braddell Hill to the CTE is gone! They removed it overnight!! Now it's a nice straight non-exciting normal road. I knew I shld have taken a picture.

Driving there in the past with the tree still dividing the right fast lane from the 2 left lanes made me feel like Kimi Raikkonen whizzing through Turns 14-16 of the Formula 1 Gran Premio de España Telefónica (Spanish Grand Prix). Ok much much slower than F1 of course.

Gosh I'll miss that tree. They've kept it there for ages till my Dad even thought the reason why the darn tree stood there was because it was of heritage value. Something along the lines of the oldest living tree in SG. HA. Now it's gone... boo...

Oh wells, there's still Airport Rd & Upper Paya Lebar Rd. Haha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your definition of "overnight" must be at least a few weeks man... the tree was gone quite some time back... at least more than a week

SJ said...

You're kidding me... Ok maybe that's why I thought something was missing the times I drove past. So it's been gone for a few wks already and I didn't notice till now?!? Noo.... Haha! But thx for the clarification. =)

Anonymous said...

haha... the tree was gone... but they only got rid of the road detour weeks later :)... perhaps you didn't notice the absence because the route was not changed simultaneously

SJ said...

Ahhh... I see... yea think tt could be it. Btw.. are u UNC Clem or TCC Clem??