Saturday, September 02, 2006

Life's Lesson

The past week has zipped by so fast it makes my head spin everytime I try to recall the things I've done! Basically kinda settled with my classes so all's good! Been having lunches with so many groups of people it's hard to keep track and also individual lunches on my own. Today was sitting on my own (after circling Lenior a number of times before I found a seat) and just beginning to dig into my salad and pasta (the usual, convenient things I eat when I'm lazy to queu.. oops. Get in line i mean... haha!) Oh Americans don't know what "queue" is they call it "lining up"... Anyway saw this girl finding a seat and decided to extend a invite for her to share the table with me (yes it was that crowded) and she accepted! Got into a friendly conversation and Gloria's a sophomore taking psychology and english lit. Really nice person and she made lunch so much more interesting!

Anyways, lately everything's been whizzing by... reckon I'm still trying to figure out where I fit into this whole equation of an exchange student @ UNC. Classes have been interesting, though my participation has been somewhat minimal, if not zilch. Find myself trying to cope with the work load and balancing so many different groups of people. It's the spend-too-much-time-with-one-group-and-keeping-out-of-touch-with-the-other-group syndrome that I can't seem to shake off here and back in Aus.

I've got 2 major assignments due this coming week and I'm kinda procrastinating... haha... think I'm "playing" too much but yea... going for a football game tml @ 3pm (pray it doesn't pour. It's been really rainy and windy here since the hurricane passed by from the south. Apparently it's a first for NC to experience this sudden weather change) then staying overnight @ weichang's dorm coz Carrie (her roommate's) away for the Labor Day long weekend so yup! Plus Sunday we'll be attending Chapel Hill Bible Church where the shuttle picks up people @ HJNorth (where weichang stays) so yup! Looking forward to finding a church I can finally settle in and a small group for growth. Looks like IV's kinda sticking with me rather than Crusade.

Oh well, praying God will lead me to His people and send me to where He wants me to be. Lord, I want to grow more in You and serve You with all that You've given me here on this exchange You've blessed me with. In Jesus' name, Amen.

You're all I want
You're all I ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near...

No comments: