Just came back from IV large group, chai session @ Starbucks along Franklin and Laundry. Phew! Large group was really good tonight... we had an all guests session... worship was done by Jonny Diaz (http://www.jonnydiaz.com/site.html) just with the acoustic guitar, just beautiful. Sang "Make a Joyful Noise" as the opening song... like I've never heard it sung live for worship so it was cool! Word was given by Ps Taylor Jones who spoke on Mercy being Sympathy - Matthew 5:7
"Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy."
The whole theme of IV seems to be headed towards world missions and outreach. Don't know if it's something on my heart but I'm beginning to want to sign up for Urbana 06 (http://www.urbana.org/_u2006.cfm), December 27 - 31, 2006 in St. Louis, Missouri. Sighs... honestly I'm quite torn between decisions... really have to pray about it.
Anyway, just before IV Emily called me (this really lovely gal from Crusade) and asked me to come for the Crusade's Fall Retreat this weekend @ Camp Kanata (www.carolinacru.org). And I agreed... sighs! Haha... it's unbelievable. I've got so much work to do and I declined to go to IV's Fall Retreat but now I'm going for Crusade's retreat... sighs... Haha anyway praying God will make this trip really a time of refreshing and insight into what He has to say this season. The speaker's Steve Koproski from AIA (Athletes In Action) campus ministry. Looking forward, I guess... ok yea.. I'm looking forward :p
Chai session was the usual haha! Am beginning to like Chai very much since the first time I had it @ Caribou Coffee... Though think Starbuck's one is less sweet which is extra good! I'm really suppose to be studying for my Sales Mgt test coming soon... but yea. While my laundry's washing thought I'd just do updates haha! Ok gtg... think my washing's done haha! Time for drying... catcha laters! =)
2 comments:
hey girlie.. just thot I'll share with you something abt your comment with regards to the mission trip.. last last week.. we had this season of prayer and day of prayer in church.. and one of the days.. I had a great privilege to share what's on my heart to Ps Thomas.. and I'll just share with you what he shared with me.. Missions is something that's dearest, closest to God's heart... and I believe.. God is just sharing His heartbeat with you.. as you feel the inclination, desire to sign up for Urban 06.. hehe just thot I'll share this with you.. to affirm you that it's not just your own wants/desire.. but it's God stirring up something in you.. and if u want to go..make the decision quick.. and don't miss the opportunity.. if u let the opportunity slip away... you may regret later.. or you may miss something great that God may have in store for you on that trip.. :P loving ya and missing ya.. *hugs..
Hey... thx... it's really an encouragement and will definitely be praying more about it before I finally decide but yup I miss you so much... wish you were here so that I can share this with you personally instead... anyways, keep well! big hugs! =)
Post a Comment